Monday, May 17, 2010

Question: What color should I paint the nursery?

Holy cow, this post-every-day-for-30-days idea was terrible!  I have something amusing to say about once a week (much to the chagrin of my wife to whom I speak almost every day).  However, on a topic that people actually care about, like baby care, I have something of value to say once every almost-never.  So, the idea of me writing about baby care on a daily basis is entirely worthless. 

If the truth must be known,  I am not a child care professional.  I am a E-list blogger and computer programmer who mistakenly thought he could write about babies for 30 days.  The major flaw in that plan is that I only brainstormed 7 days of material.

That being said, I'm a man of my word.  8 days down.  Interminable to go.

I would, however, be DELIGHTED if some of you suggested questions for me to answer.   Hmmmm?  Help a moron out?  Leave a comment or email me at ogblay at gmail.

Oh, and, uh, green.  Or black.

7 comments:

  1. how to deal with smelly diapers.

    --leonarda

    ReplyDelete
  2. How to deal psychologically with the inevitable passage of time and the anticipation of the certain emergence of an uncommunicative and possibly felonous (sp?) teenager who will ignore you when s/he is not abusing you, then leave home (at last) and return only to introduce you to increasingly unsuitable girl/boyfriends before moving in with the most unsuitable and squandering any chance of a meaningful and profitable future in which you may be cared for in your elderly years.

    I don't have any children, but I was one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, and how to stop them crying if feeding and burping don't help. Is it OK to use pharmaceuticals bought over the Internet or alcohol? Why do parents sway a lot when they're standing up holding their kids? Is it to distract the person they're looking at? What do you say to someone who's commented in some way and got the name/sex of the baby wrong? How old do they have to be before you're allowed to leave them at home alone? What are the best and worst diseases that they can catch? Is putting sunglasses on a baby cruel, appropriate or hilarious? What about sunglasses on a cat? Is that enough questions?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lola and Leonarda, thanks! Between your suggestions and Hank's (given to me in person), I should be able to keep this afloat for several more minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you're hilarious, and I don't even know you. I also don't remember how I found your blog(s). Anyhow, maybe you could tell us how the new parents manage to find time and energy for sex post-baby?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks on multiple accounts, Candid Engineer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why can't you just soak a corner of a washcloth in whiskey or some other liquor and give it to a teething baby to stop it from crying? Liquor always keeps me from crying, unless I have too much of it, in which case I can get maudlin and cry more. I suggested this to my friends and they were not excited about liquoring up their newborn.

    ReplyDelete