Friday, May 21, 2010

Question: Should I have a home birth?

I live in San Francisco, went to college in Berkeley, and am annoyed at how conservative Obama is.  So, it's safe to say that I'm not a conservative guy and am open to non-traditional life choices.  That being, said, the idea of performing the procedure where you remove one human being from THE INSIDE OF another human being in your living room is pretty much the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

Hey, I love hanging out at home watching TV, but that doesn't mean that I should have an appendicitis there.

However, my good friend Liz, who seems to be sane, had a couple of kids at home, and damned if it didn't seem to be an excellent choice for her.  The birth of her kids sure did go more smoothly than mine did.  Although I'm loath to draw conclusions from a tiny sample size, I'd be a fool to ignore this.

So, should you give birth at home, surrounded by midwives and myrrh?  Damnit, I don't know.  Next time I'm writing a blog about computer programming.  What languages should you use?  Ruby and Scala.

No comments:

Post a Comment