Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Question: What do you feed kids who are picky eaters?

What a timely unasked question!  I contemplated this very issue tonight as I was suddenly put in charge of the family dinner with very little time to prepare.

My daughter, like many kids, likes bland food.  This, coupled with the fact that my cooking repertoire is essentially limited to omelettes, pasta, and hot dogs, really limits what I can make for dinner, especially since my daughter is allergic to eggs.  So, tonight, as I considered my choices of spaghetti or hot dogs, I eventually came to the obvious conclusion: hot dog spaghetti.

Inspired by an article I had seen on Boing Boing, I sliced some hot dogs, uncooked spaghetti, and did this:

Boiled it up, and voila! Dinner ala daddy!


It looked better in the original Boing Boing article, but inserting the proper amoun of uncooked spaghetti into the hot dogs takes some time and I was rushed. 

Oh, and I stuck some broccoli on the plate too.  If your kid won't eat that, just yell at them.

No comments:

Post a Comment