Friday, June 4, 2010

Question: How much stronger will having a kid make my marriage?

Today's question comes from Larry.  I chose this question because being an engineer, I like quantitative answers rather than qualitative ones.  No one is really satisfied when I answer a question by saying, "Well, it depends, but sort of". 

The answer is to take the strength of your marriage and multiply it by this coefficient:  0.32

Your marriage is now -68% stronger!  The stress of sleep deprivation, additional monetary issues, and unanticipated child-rearing arguments have destroyed 68 percent of your hard-earned relationship stability.  So, enjoy those gas-induced baby smiles and poorly-scribbled toddler art drawings because they have sucked the marrow out of your marriage.

(Yes, Hank and I are still married, but that's only because Hank is 68% more tolerant than the average wife.  You're doomed.)

No comments:

Post a Comment